Friday, August 14, 2009

Man Bites Dog - for your viewing pleasure

Man Bites Dog (Belgium 1992, cert 12)

yes, that's what I thought ... I watched this amazing film in Le Mans, France the week of its release and it was listed as cert 12. So, I sat there, with my French girlfriend who became my wife, and watched this funnier than funny because it's SOOOOOOOOOO DARK IT'S FUNNY film. I couldn't believe what I was seeing as couple after couple, who'd obviously had the same innocent idea as us (i.e. to watch an award-winning film), got up and left the cinema shouting their denunciation at the screen. A nasty vicious utterly degrading piece of student cinema, MAN BITES DOG was the controversial winner of the International Critic's Prize at the 1992 Cannes Film Festival ... and, yes, we did stay to the end.

Closed Caption subtitles are in English on this film, you can change them to the language of your choice.



A film in 9 parts, this is not a playlist; part 2 will arrive at the end of part one as a button ... and so on ... and so forth.

No comments: