that is a picture of the Dimona Nuclear Reactor, in Israel, a country that refuses to sign the 1968 Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty. Is the United Nations really going to allow Israel, supported by the USA, to threaten Iran?
I'm not a big fan of deals for PROFIT over rights for PEOPLE. I don't know if you agree with this but recent activity (e.g. the phenomenally-lucky PUT options on American Airlines days prior to 9-11) by the private financial sector who tells our supposedly-elected governments what to do needs to nurture a sense of responsibility about how it does business. Humanity must return to the business world.
Let's see what's being said about this nuclear threat within the Middle East and how it relates back to the USA via the AIPAC lobby:
“Israel has no more loyal friend than the United States. We couldn’t have done it without her” Yitzhak Rabin.
US aid: the facts
- Israel and the US have a long-established special relationship. The US was the first country to recognise the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948.
- Israel is considered America’s closest non-NATO ally in the Middle East, a region that is geopolitically crucial to the US.
- The US has a history of giving Israel direct political support. In 1972, the US prevented the adoption of UN resolution S/10784 paragraph 74, which condemned Israeli attacks against southern Lebanon and Syria. In order to do this, the US used its veto power in the Security Council for only the second time.
- Since 1972, the US has used its veto power to prevent the adoption of 42 UN resolutions that condemned or severely criticized actions by the State of Israel. In 2006, for example, the US prevented the adoption of UN resolution S/878, which demanded a mutual ceasefire in the Gaza Strip.
- Whilst US economic aid to Israel has diminished in the last ten years, the level of US military support to Israel has substantially increased. This includes financial military aid.
- Israel’s military superiority is largely dependent on various forms of direct US support, including financial military aid and donations, weapons deliveries and technological support.
Israel is a Nuclear Power
- The number of Israeli nuclear bombs produced in the Dimona nuclear research centre in the Negev Desert is estimated at 200.
- Israel has never signed the 1968 Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty.
US aid to Israel violates US laws
- US aid to Israel, and the way in which this aid is used, frequently violates US law, policy and interests.
- Under US policy, financial aid to Israel should not be spent by Israel in the Occupied Territories. But Israel spends US aid with impunity. [source WINDOW INTO PALESTINE]