Mike Philbin - Introversions paintings - three new 50cm by 50cm smooth-smear abstracts....

so, where to go now with this conceptual Philbin-hands art style?

As soon as I finished these three latest abstracts, below, I was very happy with the results. The spontaneity, the bravery, the flow of the colour scheme through the three non-connected works. Well, connected via red, purple, blue as a range scheme idea plaything concept. But not really ever intended to be a triptych or three parts of a whole, although...

Now, having had time to sleep on it, I'm not sure where I want to take this Introversions (two border, two colour) style. In my head all night, yeah I didn't sleep well last night for some reason that might or might not be connected to a late-night soujourn down Vintage Cider lane, was the idea of a red tone upper band, an orange tone lower band, and in the middle this bright yellow tone pulling off into the upper and lower bands. I should really mock it up in Photoshop and see if it makes ANY SENSE AT ALL visually...

I have my eye on some suitably-cheap and three-for-two 80cm by 60cm stretched canvases that'll just do the job... and talking of jobs, dwindling finances suggest that I better a) start selling these paintings REAL SOON and/or b) start looking for another fucking day job. For now, here's the new art, enjoy...





Comments