Hertzan Chimera - Free Planet vs War World - how the dual/duelling trilogies might have looked



We all know how the final covers for the dual/duelling trilogies Free Planet vs War World turned out (above). And while I'm very happy with how the juxtaposition of an Earthlike vs Marslike iconongraphy for the relative designs conveyed a vast percentage of the message of the shared narrative and potential outcomes for mankind, a small part of me still hankers for an earlier incarnation of the novel covers.

Some time prior to the final edited versions of all six component novels (FP: custodian liberator reaper, WW: tandem watcher kumiko) I did a rough&ready mock-up of the prospective covers using the decadent artwork of Mike Dargas but couldn't secure the 'right to use' as I had with other covers I'd done.

I wanted, so wanted, these to be the covers because they said, "All I ever wanted to say," about Corporate Mind Control and Divided=Conqueres and they also highlighted the two (blindfolded) sisters at the heart of the narrative resolution of both stories. We try our best, we move on...

based on the 2008 Bukkakeworld + Planet of the Owls image

Comments